WTF is wrong with you people these days? When the hell did people become so insanely intolerant of one another? Seriously though people, all of you need to chill. Left, right, it does not matter-all of you have issues, and ALL of you need to step back for a few minutes and breathe.
- Everybody that loves Trump is not a bigoted asshole.
- Everybody that hates Trump is not a communist.
- Gay people are not evil, and should not bother you.
- Trans people are not evil, and should not bother you.
- All news is not fake.
- Alternative Facts are lies.
- Guns do not get up on their own and kill people.
- Anti-Trump people have jobs too.
- There are as many pro-Trumpers on Food Stamps/Welfare as anti-Trumpers.
- The environment needs to be protected.
- Endangered species need to be protected.
- People need health care-Obamacare may not be the best solution, but any solution that leaves poor people dying because they can not afford treatment in this day and age is unacceptable. This needs to be fixed.
- Abortion is at it’s lowest in history-and is also not murder.
- All terrorists are not Muslim.
- All Muslims are not terrorists.
- Someone speaking in a foreign language to a member of their own family is not evil, and should not bother you.
- Refugees are NOT a bad thing.
- Immigrants are NOT a bad thing.
- Of course immigrants should assimilate into American life, but they can keep their culture too. If we ban Muslim communities on that basis, we MUST ban any Chinatown, Little Italy, Greek communities, etc. People keeping their own culture as long as it does not harm others is a GOOD thing.
- Illegal immigration IS a bad thing, and must be curbed. We need to know who is in our country.
- Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all come from the same root religion.
- If we ban one religion, we must ban all. Since that will never happen, why don’t we just make common sense laws that are not religion based for everybody? After all, that’s what our constitution says to do (that whole separation of church and state thing)
The fact is that both the far left and the far right are freaking crazy these days. That is what is known as extremism. It leads to terrorism.
OK. As someone who works two different phone customer service jobs full time, and has had more than 20 years in customer service as a background, I have a few things to say. Just in the last week I have dealt with craziness unbound-most of the time I have no problem with customers, but really people? Have you ever thought maybe your issue with customer service was you?
Job One: Tech Support
- If you truly believe that your cable service provider is a terrorist organization, you refuse to let me do my job, and accuse me of making bombs at my desk, chances are I’m not going to be able to help you. And if you continue to scream “I want to speak to someone who speaks English Dammit” to me-whose sole language is English and who lives in SC, I’m just going to laugh at you. If you want help? Don’t tell me who you voted for, that I’m a terrorist because of my job, etc. Tell me what the fuck is wrong so I can try to fix it or get you over to someone qualified to do so if I can not.
- If you call me screaming about how horrible customer service is and the only issue is your computer needs to be restarted-btw, NOT your cable provider’s fault-apologize. You made yourself look like an ass.
- If you call me screaming about your Internet going out and suing us-I CAN’T help you. You at that point need to call a company lawyer. I am not allowed.
- If you have a telephone with us-even if you have never used it-and you need me to change your account number: please either know your cpni pin or have a telephone hooked up. If you have neither I can not help you. This is NOT a “stupid company policy” this is a federal LAW. I will not break it for you. If you do not like it-plug in a damned phone.
Job Two: Taxicab Phone Operator
- If you don’t know where you are I can not send you a cab.
- If you don’t know where you are going I can’t send you a cab.
- Cab drivers are independent contractors. I can put your call in-but if drivers are either not out because they are all fucking off, or refusing to take calls for whatever reason-I can not make them get there any faster. By all means call to check on the cab-but screaming at me will get you nowhere. We are not even allowed to ask them to take your call.
- There is no such thing as a constitutional right to a cab.
- There is no “New Washington Law” that forces cab drivers to take intoxicated passengers home for free. Our drivers are independent contractors. They get paid cab fare only. What you are asking for is someone to work for free. That would be slavery.
I’m sure I’ll think of more later, but that is my PSA of the moment. If you treat your customer service people with a little courtesy, and answer questions properly-we will bend over backwards to help you-but we NEED for you to be helpful as well to some extent. Your name should not be a state secret. I know most of the time it’s on my screen. But if you can’t be bothered confirming things-we are NOT ALLOWED to help you for privacy reasons.